meal planning (and a free download!)

Thanks so much for stopping by if you are a new visitor coming from Pinterest. If you’re on the hunt for more organization posts (including more free printables for gift planning and babysitter notes), you will find them here!

When it comes to meal planning in our house, I have the best of intentions…but don’t always see my plans through. I enjoy cooking, and we like to save money and calories, so eating at home most days of the week is normal for us and eating out is more of a treat.

Some nights, dinners are better thought out, and some consist of, “There’s a packet of ramen in the pantry, help yourself!” No matter the complexity of the meal, they all require ingredients, which requires the occasional trek to the grocery store. I am a HUGE fan of going to the store with a list…not so much because I stick to it, but because I can ensure I’m not making any more trips than I have to for forgotten items.

In the past, I’ve tried a variety of those super-organized grocery list pads. A couple of my favorites have been this one from Real Simple for Target:

And this one, from Knock Knock:

Both are super functional in that they are organized by section of the store. But for me, I don’t need my grocery list to just help me during my store visit, I want it to help me all week long so I can remember what I bought, and for which recipe. I can have the most carefully-crafted list going to the store and come home with everything on it, only to be at home three days later wondering what the heck I bought the can of pineapple chunks for. (I finally remembered two days later, it was for a stir fry.)

Even with the hippest note pads at my disposal, I found myself still reaching for scratch paper to list out what I wanted to make each night, and then planning my ingredients in “mini lists” according to my plan. It finally dawned on me today to template this and make it easier on myself…and share with all of you! It’s no rocket science, but if you plan your list like I do (by meals and not by store zones), it will hopefully make your life a teensy bit easier…

I print this out and use it to make my meal plan and lists, take it to the store, then I hang it on my fridge once I get home. Don’t throw it away like you would a normal list. This way, I have a list of “oh yeah, I was going to make that” meals across the top…or a menu of options for the week, if you will, that I know I have the stuff on hand to make. I don’t specify days of the week for particular recipes – we just make what we’re in the mood for each night.

As for other random items not pertaining to any specific recipe, I still have space at the bottom to list them like I would on a normal list. And why only four boxes across the top (instead of 5, or even 7?)…because we are never opposed to the occasional pizza ordering or leftover extravaganza…it’s rare we’d make a new meal every single night. But if you are the rare breed who does, you can print more than one copy, as needed…because I’m sharing this list with all of you for your own use!

Download the list by clicking Meals and print copies as you need them, and fill them out.

Happy meal planning, shopping, and most of all enjoying!

Signature

This entry was posted in General and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

168 Responses to meal planning (and a free download!)

1. Laura Mack says:

Genius! I will be downloading this right now! : )

2. Christine T says:

I can download either form.

3. Isabelle A. says:

Links to download don’t work. :(

4. Traci says:

I would love to download this but it says “it cannot be found”. :( Can someone help me, this looks fabulous!!!!

• Liz says:

To all having troubles with the link – we recently moved the blog to a new server, which may have disrupted the link. It’s been relinked and should work properly. Thanks for the patience! :) Happy meal planning!

5. Anne Marie says:

Very clever idea and totally useful. Thank you!
    To other posters, I’m using Chrome and the link opened immediately. Hover cursor over lower right of screen and you’ll see options to print or save.

6. Claudia says:

Is this form still available somewhere? I’m getting “not found” for both links. Thank you

• Liz says:

Note to anyone having trouble with the links: Try refreshing the page and there should be a single link “MEALS” when refreshed. This should download now without any problems! Not sure if it was the sudden surge in traffic to this post, or if it’s the fact we just switched to a new server, but either way, refreshing should get you to the fixed link! :) Thanks for your patience!

7. Pingback: Free Printable Menu Planning & Grocery List | Saving in Sumner Co

8. Michelle says:

Link is still not working. :o ( I’m dying for this meal planner…it’s exactly the way I shop!

9. Robin says:

Is there another link to use to download? I’m coming up with an error message when I click the link to download. I love this idea and would love to be able to get the printable offered. This happens all the time at our house…we buy things for recipes and then I end up with a pantry of “random” items…lol! Many thanks for the great solution!

10. Robin says:

I just saw Page’s link and it worked perfectly! :)

11. Amy says:

Hey Liz, saw your menu planning idea on Pinterest… very cool! I’d love for you to come check out our free recipe site at RecipeRecon.com and share some of your recipes (like your fettucine dish). You are welcome to direct others back to your site, too. Thanks a bunch! : ) Amy

12. Crystalyn says:

This is very similar to how I have been organizing my grocery-shopping-brain. I like how you laid it all out! I don’t usually assign meals to a specific day either because it always ends up changing.

13. Libby says:

I love this! Thanks for sharing!!!

14. lmkh says:

this is completely wonderful!!!! i’ve been organizing my meal plans along with my grocery lists for about 12 years now…. on notebook paper! it’s worked but doesn’t look so cute on the fridge :) thanks for making a cute list that is functional too!

15. Shauna says:

Thank you! This is GENIUS! I am new to the whole meal planning concept and have been looking for something that would work for me! So many out there what have your list of meals but the ingredients all run down the side of them and it is hard to keep track. This is exactly what I need to actually be able to do get started!

16. misty dawn says:

Thanks for this fabulous idea :) I just saved the pictures by right clicking on them an saving them on my desktop :) I’ll print them off whenever I need them because I didn’t know their was a link to click on. Thanks a bunch !!

17. Tracy says:

Found this list – and YOU – through Pinterest. This is simply brilliant! Thanks for sharing! Can’t wait to go back into your archives now…I think I’ve found a new favorite site!

18. Theresa says:

Oh my goodness, I desperately need this! I am constantly getting the ingredients that I need for meals for the week.. but then forget what I wanted to make.. thank you, for making my life a little bit simpler!!! :)

19. Tina says:

Thanks so much for this template – its just what I needed.

20. Pingback: gift planner worksheet (free download!) | life in yellow

21. BeColorful says:

How did I miss this? So downloading. Love ya.
    m

22. MrsOgg says:

Um…perfect! Thanks :-)

23. Jennifer says:

This is glorious! Thank you! Now I can remember what I was going to make with all of those things I bought! =)

24. Robin says:

I saw this on Pinterest and absolutely love it! This is similar to how we were already organizing our list, but I love your layout!!
    Thanks!

25. Jen says:

THIS is how I do my meal planning/grocery planning too! Usually I hand write my list vertically but horizontally is nice too :)
    THANKS!

26. Christine says:

Love this! I completely love the 4 boxes – keeping it real because really, how many weeks do we actually cook 7 fresh meals. I know I don’t. But the regular planners with 7 meals force you to “plan” for 7 meals, which could chalk up to spending much more at the grocery store – this could be a budget saver idea. Will need to share with my daughters too!

27. Brittany says:

This is SO useful! I’ve seen both of the lists that you said you liked using before in stores, but didn’t like that they were laid out by section of the store, either. This one is great! I work late nights sometimes during the week, so my fiance is able to look at the list and see what was planned for dinner and start it while I’m on my way home!

28. Lisa says:

I make my list like this already but not nearly as neat, this just made my day! One suggestion for an amendment or even a second list is for those non-food items like toilet paper and shampoo, etc. I always write them on a separate piece of paper so they don’t get mixed in and forgotten. Thank you!!!

29. Paige says:

I love this idea and have actually used it to create my own. Since I cook 7 days a week, I created it landscape and put 7 days instead of 4 across the top. I would have needed two pages for a week!!

• Carley says:

I love the idea that you created your own….I have no idea how to possibly do that. I am looking for a planner for 7 days and dinner only and horizontal. I love this planner I just wish it was horizontal. Would you mind sharing the one your created??

• Beth says:

Paige I too would love a template like this for 7 days a week. Would you please share? Thank you.

30. Karen says:

I have an additional suggestion to your awesome meal planner list…I put mine in a heavyweight sheet protector and write on it with a dry erase marker. This way I can reuse it. Another suggestion is to laminate the page if you have the resources to do this. Thanks for the great list!

31. Jodi says:

Spotted this on Pinterest and thought it was brilliant. I had mine printed to a thick card stock and laminated, then I bought some of those clear document holders that you can put in a binder and some tracing paper. I tape the tracing paper to the laminated template, write everything on the tracing paper and then change it out with fresh tracing paper when the week is up. On my second week of doing it this way and can tell it’s going to save me oodles of printer ink. :D

32. Love this!!! Thank you so much for the free printable. It’s just what I’ve been looking for. I found this through Pinterest and will definitely share with my followers!!

33. April says:

Thank you so much! This is how I make my grocery list each week but on a sheet of paper. This will look so much nicer on my refridgerator.

34. Cathy says:

My daughter has been trying to get me to do this to cut down on trips to the grocery store and bing buying! Great idea cause I’m lazy!

35. Roz says:

Thank you so much for this wonderful tool! I found you on Pinterest and now will be one of your happiest follower to learn more and more through your posts! Ciao, Roz

36. Pingback: Giveaway! Banned Books Print | life in yellow

37. Sandy says:

That’s so funny what you said…don’t know how many times I’ve included items in a grocery list only to forget once I got home what it was for. I expect I’m older than you are and attributed it to age but apparently I’m not the only absent minded person. :) Going to share with my daughters. Thanks. I just love Pinterest!

38. Shelly says:

Saw this on Pinterest…thank you!!!

39. Shelby says:

Is there a way to download and print this? I am not able to print it. I love it!

40. Celeste says:

This is awesome! If you laminate a copy, you can use dry erase markers on it and reuse it each week. Saves you from wasting ink and paper.

41. Pingback: Printable Meal Planning and Shopping List | Printables 4 Mom

42. Debbie says:

Great post! Check out my system too. http://designbydebbie.wordpress.com/2012/06/23/summer-rental-part-1-the-kitchen/

I find that if I only concentrate on what we use for meals that leaves out all the rest of the stuff. And I like using the message board because it saves paper!

43. Jessica Machroli says:

i can only download the meal planner not the check list where can i find it at

• Liz says:

Hi Jessica, Its just the one page planner, nothing additional. Use it to make your own checklist of items as you please! Thanks!

44. kari says:

Wow, thank you so much for these great downloads. I honestly think that meals during the week will be much more appreciated now that they can be planned and well thought out. I love to cook, but during the week I notoriously thought about what to have on a “daily” basis. Which unfortunately for my family depends upon my mood and/or frame of mind when I walk in the door after a long day at work. I do try and think ahead but only by a day or two. So…thank you so much! And what a cute blog, I am so glad I found you!!

45. Kim says:

Hi! Thanks a bunch for the awesome free download. I stumbled across it on Pinterest and boy I’m glad I did. I am wondering what font you used to make it? It’s so cute!

46. Nikki says:

I saw this on Pinterest. This is by far the best template I have found! Thank you so much for sharing!

47. Amy says:

Stopped by after seeing you on pinterest. This is brilliant! Thanks for sharing with us.
    Amy

48. Cheryl says:

I found this on Pinterest and used it to tweak my own sheets. I just used it for a whole months worth of meals and i am in amazment. I spent atleast half of what I usually do shopping weekly for a month. Excited that I will only have to grab produce for the next 4 weeks! THank you

49. Christina says:

I love this. I found it on pinterest and now come to your website daily. I even just wrote about this menu planner in my blog (http://christinasdailyadventures.blogspot.com/) because it has made not only keeping track of recipes for the week easier but it has made grocery shopping easier too. If only it could make my cooking better at the same time. Thank you for sharing.

50. Gany says:

This changed my life, thank you so much for sharing it! Now I can not only plan my meals easily, but the shopping is so much more effective.

51. Holly Clark says:

52. Beverly says:

Thanks. Saw you on Pinterest too.

53. Pingback: That Redheaded Sister » Blog Archive » Changing

54. Nattles says:

I’ve used this several times. It’s such a good idea and pretty convenient! The only issue I have with it is that in order to write comfortably, I have to print out the full size page–and I’ve always found it kind of obnoxious to tote around a sheet of paper to buy groceries. I shrunk this down to half-size (landscape), which is a more preferable size for a shopping list, but then the lines were too cramped for me to write normally. I think I’ll keep playing around with the sizes until I get something I like, because otherwise this is really convenient!

55. Kim says:

Plan to print then LAMINATE so it can be wiped clean and start over week.

56. Kim Wade says:

Plan to print then LAMINATE so I can mark items with dry erase then wipe clean to start a fresh list.

57. Beth says:

Fantastic tool that I hope is going to save me time and money at the grocery store! Thank you for making it a free download.

58. casey says:

how can I print the “all out of” when I print it it comes up a smaller picture i would like a full sheet like the menu one if possiable.
    thanks in advance
    casey

• Liz says:

Hi Casey – the “all out of” list is not mine to share printables of. As mentioned in the post, it was an example of a list I purchased in the past. The only free printable is the (green) one I made. Hope that helps!

59. Bridy says:

thank you!

60. Jenny says:

Great Idea. I am glad I came across this. Thank you!!!

61. casey says:

Ok thank you :)

62. Jen Ulrich says:

I just love these printables! Thanks for making them available to all of us!!

63. Amanda says:

Love it! Thanks so much for sharing. I printed two, laminated them back to back, and use a dry erase marker so I can erase and re use!

• Margie says:

Great idea to save paper.. I’m going to do that too.
      Also – thank you for the free downloads.. love the ideas you have.

64. Liz says:

Great planner. If you want 7 meals, you could always print them back to back.

65. Kacey says:

Thank you for the meal planner! I mentioned it in my blog post today.

66. Kewlbuttons says:

Found this via Pintrest. This is exactly what I have been looking for/ trying to make. Best part is its already in my favorite color!

67. ashley says:

Thank you for this printout! It is perfect for what I was wanting, without knowing what I needed :) Love your site

68. Tracy says:

I love this idea, and would totally use it, but I only print in black and white. The lines and the boxes don’t print in b & w. So you can barely see where to write the needed ingredients.

69. Pingback: Body by Vi Challenge | Planning for a Healthy Week

70. This is wonderful! It’s a little depressing too, though, as I apparently need to print about 6 per week. I do cook from scratch every day, and we homeschool and work from home so I/we prepare 3 meals every day. I’d need two pages for each week for each type of meal. This would explain why I’m so tired all the time…. ;) In any case, thanks for the lovely printable. And I love your handwriting!

71. Heather says:

I really like this form, however the style won’t work for me. I have been making menus for our meals for the past 6 years since we had to claim bankruptcy. It has been a life saver to have meals planned out. Like I was saying I really like your menu format but I make mine for 2 weeks at a time and shop for those 2 weeks. How did you make this? Maybe I can try and make one for my style of menu. I don’t know why I never thought of doing this. I make the menu on one paper and then another I make out a list and then get to the store and go…..now why did I need these onions or something else like that. lol. Thank you!

• Liz says:

Hi Heather,

I completely understand the need for more columns – however to keep them from getting too small (I write big! ha) I kept it to four meals and figured I can print a couple copies if I need more than the four meals. I also love the suggestions people have left to print it double-sided and laminate it (less printing costs) – maybe a couple of those would meet your two-week need? I made this in a graphic design program called InDesign, but if you have access to something like Microsoft Word, you could recreate something similar. Good luck and happy planning! :)

• Heather says:

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will look into and can completely understand about the reason for only doing yours for 4 days at a time. I will play around on Microsoft word and try to do mine that way. Thank you so much for coming up with this idea. lol

72. AnnaRose says:

Oh my goodness…I’ve been looking for something like this! My boyfriend and I are moving out on our own and will be on a very tight budget..this will be a great habit to create so we can save time and money!

73. Christina says:

This is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for posting about it. I immediately printed it out after I found it on Pinterest. I’m also doing a blog post about it next Wednesday in my weekly Pinterest feature. I’m going back to work after being on maternity leave so this will be super helpful. Thank you!!! Love your blog…you now have a new follower!

74. Summer says:

Hi,
    I found you through pintrest… havent read others comments but … thinking not only to print yours but to save them at the end of the week in a binder…. and maybe after 4 or 5 I will have a list to sort of repeat … kinda like a monthly menu then… rolling over the favorites….
    thanks again,
    Summer

75. Pingback: notes for the sitter (free printable download) | life in yellow

76. Judy says:

I found you via pinterest & love this download. Easy to download–as opposed to some I’ve tried to use–and exactly what I need. I’m off to browse your site.

Thanks!

77. Cheryl says:

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. I do wish there was an app for this :-) I lose notes all the .

78. Pingback: Free Printable Meal Planner & Grocery List | Parents Playground NWA

79. Valorie says:

These are absolutely perfect for a mom like me, that can barely remember to get dressed in the mornings! Thanks so much for making my life just a little easier. I downloaded it, printed it, and just shared this on pinterest! (: Thanks so much!

80. Lindsay VB says:

this is very interesting and helpful. I preplan meals for the month but shop every Monday to ensure I have all the ingredients for the week. I think I may be taking some of these organization forms to my laminator!!!! Thanks.

81. Pingback: IP Weekend Chat - Saturday 9/15-Sunday 9/16 - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community Ideal Protein Diet

82. Pingback: An Easy Menu Planner - Sunflower Schoolhouse | Sunflower Schoolhouse

83. KATHLEEN MC says:

thank you for this. so often i find stuff going off in the bottom of my fridge or lurking at the back of a cupboard that i’ve bought for a specific recipe only to forget what it was i was planning on making.
    Kathleen Mc x

84. Sam says:

Love this design. I just really need 5 days. Is there a way you can help me with that? Our 2 days are leftovers and pizza….But with a family of 7 I need to plan for all 5. How can I alter it? Im not a computer whiz at all. Landscape or sideways? Help!
    Love your blog!!!

• Liz says:

Hi Sam,

A handful of people have asked about adding more days – but to squeeze more in on one page, the room to write gets itty-bitty (and I’d rather it be funcitonal!) – the BEST suggestion I’ve heard is to print it double-side it (and laminate to use again and again) that way you can plan Mon-Thur on one side and Fri-Sun on the back, PLUS an extra meal if you want to prep freezer meals, special occasion something, etc. Thanks for reading! :)

• Sam says:

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. I understand. I’ll try the double sided thing. I like to keep my sheets so I put them in the “household” binder. So laminating doesn’t work for me, but thats ok printing is easy!

I’ll keep hoping I can find one that is printed landscape with 5 days on one side and weekends/extras on the other! Or one of my smarty teenagers could probably design one…..LOL!

85. Jenn says:

I love this meal planner! Perfect in every way! Can you tell me what font you used? I want to make a purple one and a blue one – one for dinners and one for my daughter’s school lunches. I managed to get one made, but I lost the temporary font and I have search the internet over trying to figure out what font it is! If you don’t mind sharing, I’d sure appreciate it!
    Thanks!

86. Rachel says:

I love this printable and the fact that it helps with the shopping and the meal planning! I’ve been looking for an easy efficient way to organize my weekly meals so Thanks for posting!

87. Pingback: How We Eat On $300.00/month- My Meal Planning Guide | Plunged in Debt

88. Sarah says:

Love this! I never thought to make my list like this!!! I will also be using this format for all of the craft projects I’ve collected on Pinterest… perfect for my next trip to Hobby Lobby!

89. Trina says:

Thank you! I found this on Pinterest and knew it would be perfect for me! It is exactly how I shop/think and it will be so much better than my crazy scribbled all over computer paper! I love the space for the meals on top, I never even thought of that but it will be so helpful. Thanks again!!

90. carol says:

This is just what I needed. Thanks so much for sharing! I usually find or make a menu planner that’s too involved. How clever.

91. Colleen says:

I love this layout – of all the ones I’ve tried it is my favorite – because I can remember when to use what I bought! However, would it be possible to flip the design (so the boxes are along the 11″ side of the paper) so that one could fit five, six or seven days along the top? Thank you so much!

92. Pingback: Thanks to Life In Yellow and Freebies |

93. Pingback: Meal Planning .... { Tutorials and Printables } - Uncommon Designs...

94. Michele says:

Genius! This is the best “shopping list” I’ve ever seen and so simple yet effective. Well done!!!

95. Darcy Nestler says:

I love this! I used it one week and it was fantastic, but this week I was unable to print a new one when I went shopping :( . This was amazing throughout the week and made my life so much easier.

96. Cindy Love says:

Hi there,
    I am trying to download your recipe planner but my computer wont let me download it is there any way you could send it as an attachment via email. please…………

97. Jenny says:

I came here from Pinterest and this is PERFECT!! Well done, you–and thanks for sharing with the rest of us :)

98. sara says:

Link is not working for me :( Says it is gone

• Liz says:

Hi Sara,
      I just tested and the link is still working for me…I might try refreshing the page? Let me know if you still have troubles. Thx!

99. Pingback: Weekly Meal Planner « This Girl's Canon

100. Elle Linton says:

Really love the meal planner! I have shared the link in a recent blog post of mine and given you full credit of course! http://keepitsimpelle.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/paella-but-not-as-you-know-it.html#

Elle ;) x

101. Sharon Jackson says:

Love the Meal planner printables. Thanks so much!! I did have a request. Is there a way to darken or perhaps change the color of the lines to write on? When I print it out the lines are so faint that you can’t see them. Thanks!

102. MA says:

You are such a smart cookie! Love this and will be giving it a try. Thank you, Liz. (And, yes, I found the link on Pinterest and had no problem with the download.)

103. Pingback: Grocery Shopping | The Modern Woman

104. Jayme says:

Can I just say how fantastic your handwriting is?

105. Jeanette says:

I have tried the same grocery lists you have and also found them lacking. I have searched the the internet for lists. This is brilliant! Thank you! I can’t wait to utilize it!

106. KC says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Finally I found the meal planner that totally works for me. I use to get so mixed up with what ingredient I bought for what recipe and now I am so organized. I did Thanksgiving with this list and it went so smooth and fairly stress free. Keep the great ideas coming.

107. Deb Quilter says:

Loved your Meal Planner, however, the color was too light and the dotted lines did not print…But thanks for sharing!

• Liz says:

Thanks for the note, Deb! A couple people mention the lines print lightly or not at all — it is likely a printer issue. When I print my copy at my office or at home, they do show up pretty well — there may be a contrast setting on your printer that can “up” the color for you. Thanks again for reading! :)

108. Taya says:

Thank you!! Anything to help me get through the week (and one less trip to the store) is well appreciated.

109. WHAT a fabulous idea…truly this is how my brain thinks-and all I would need to do is plug in what I need to purchase…Thank you for sharing this fabulous organizing tool!

110. Judith Halcomb says:

http://www.theprojectgirl.com has 2 wonderful meal planning/grocery list formats

111. lindy says:

thank you for sharing! I’ve made a couple slight changes with mine… changed the size to 5×7; this way I get 2 per sheet on landscape. I also have made them into ‘memo pads’ by cutting a chipboard (cereal box) to fit, clamping the sheets and chipboard together using binder clips and then adding 3 coats of glue across the top (letting it dry in between coats.) Happy New Year!!!

112. Love this idea! Especially the meals of the week one.

113. Vinny says:

Suggestion: This would be perfect if there were also lines for ‘Ingredients In the Fridge’ or something like that. Thanks for this great resource!

114. Pingback: January 4th – Weekly Meal Planning « A Pinteresting Year

115. Pingback: How We Eat On $300.00/month- My Meal Planning Guide | Plunged in Debt

116. Sunshyne says:

Thanks! I saw this on Pinterest. Going to laminate it to be “green” and add a backside with the other grocery list :)

117. Toodie says:

Great idea! I, too, have often looked at an ingredient I bought just to wonder what I actually bought it for. This is a great list.

118. Shareesa says:

Thank you for this! This is the first meal planner that has actually worked with the way my brain and taste buds work :D You are awesome! Found you on Pinterest.

119. Pingback: Shopping just got easier! Meal planning at it’s finest! « The Gluten Free Coach

120. Kat says:

Coming form pinterest. Just wanted to let you know this is exactly what I have been looking for! Genius! Thanks so much!!!

121. VJ says:

Love it! But the lines to write on are not printing for some reason.

122. Colette Hernandez says:

I have done this for years but not with a form. I started a master list even of meals to chose from that are “keepers” everyone likes. Tip: Try to plan the meals so they use some of the same ingredients then food is not wasted. I.E. taco salad one night and then salad with a meal another night. Save $$ is the name of the game when it comes to groceries. I plan two weeks of meals because that’s when the paychecks come in.

123. Desiree says:

Thank you so much for this – this is exactly how I meal plan, but it’s always scratched out on a little notepad. This is so much cleaner and prettier! PS, the download worked perfectly for me.

124. Amy M. Woerner says:

And so that you don’t wrinkle the list by taking it to the grocery store, take a picture of it with your phone and use that to shop!

125. Cait B says:

Thank you so much! This is exactly how I like to plan meals, but it always gets all messed up when I do so in a notebook or on scratch paper. These are so cute and functional!

126. Stephanie M says:

I’ve been using this for several months. It’s made my life MUCH easier. Just wanted to say thanks!

127. Lesa says:

Thank you for providing the shopping list download! I have it saved on my computer. I love this idea and no longer shop with my iPad. Good ole pen and paper for me!

128. A.J. Dub (Amy) says:

Thanks so much! This is great!

129. Holly says:

Wow great idea! I’m going to download this & use it for this week. Thanks for the awesome idea!

130. liz says:

The two checklists you mentioned have been my go-to’s for years, too. I searched printables and found your site and list template – can’t wait to try it!

131. Misty says:

BLESS YOU!!!!

132. Pingback: FOOOOOOOOOD… | xibalba bound

133. Diana says:

Well Duh! Excellent idea! I would write down the meals on one of those sun-sat lists then write the ingredients on another then would forget why I bought stuff in use it in something else. For those of you who are Frugal I save my daughters school work that is on copy paper (test, homework) and keep it in a basket next to the printer and print on the back of the used sheets. I just printed a couple of these forms on them, I also print coupons on the back of them and never had any problems. My daughter always ask why I keep getting her work out of the recycle bin, answer to save more trees!!!

134. K says:

I had to share your awesome menu planner with Vertex42. They have all sorts of helpful templates and forms. I love your menu planner, meal shopping form!! =)

135. Pingback: Free Meal Planning Printable

136. Nona Whyte says:

This is exactly what I needed!! you are the greatest to help out other moms by posting this template!!!

137. Rachelle Aymes says:

Thank you for sharing. This will make creating a shopping list easier.

138. Melissa C says:

I LOVE this printable, I use it every time I meal plan! Which is every two weeks! I just saw the idea to laminate it in the comments and thought the idea genius! But I, like a few others, wanted a couple more boxes… I saw and understood your replies to such questions but I had a idea that may be do able. I was thinking maybe you could flip it sideways making it landscape. You can keep the boxes the same and maybe only have to shrink the extra shopping list at the bottom down a little which would even out though because the space will be wider. Thought it might work! I’d try to do it myself but I don’t have such savvy skills in the area! Thanks for listening to my suggestion!! I SO love your printable!!
    -Melissa

139. Love lists and this one for meal planning is a real winner. Simple, easy and for everyone in the family to use.
    Once in the habit of writing meals for the week, life becomes a lot easier. Thanks for sharing. Pinned, shared on FB.

140. Rosey says:

Thankyou! Just what I needed.

141. Alison Joy says:

Thank you, I love the pretty green. (Yup, found you through Pinterest)

142. Cyndi says:

Before going to the store, copy the document and put it on the refrigerator. Take the copy to the store–you can cross off items, and if it gets wrinkled in your purse or lost, no worries– you have the original at home.

143. Shelby M. says:

A way to use this wonderful download and save paper is to use laminate sheets to laminate a copy of the menu sheet and use the same one every week by writing on it with a dry erase marker

144. Shelby M. says:

When I did this I went ahead and printed it on magnetic paper and put it on the fridge. it works great!

145. Pingback: Two of my favorite meals.

146. Pingback: Studio Chatter for Thursday » Ceci Labarge

147. Christy says:

Thank you for sharing! This is the first time I’ve seen something that matches how my mind works! :) I will definitely be printing this out.

148. Pingback: This is exactly how I make my grocery list every week.. Now I have a printable to use!! – Home Decor

149. Pingback: Top tips for getting organised #fiveforfriday | cuddles + muddles + muddy puddles

150. Gramma Bubbles says:

I have been laid up for seven months now. I have friends pick up groceries for me and some people still prepare me a meal occasionally. Hopefully this tool, with a few modifications for my special needs, will help me better plan my meals; This gets very tricky from the living room and I don’t want to waste food, go hungry or waste my friends time. Thanks!